Sewer Connection Assistance
SEWER CONNECTIONS FOR LOW-TO-MODERATE INCOME RESIDENTS
NOTICE OF FUNDING AVAILABILITY
Monroe County Social Services is seeking applicants to participate in the Countywide (FFY2008) Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery Program. This program provides funding for sewer connections for income-eligible single-family and multi-family housing units located throughout Monroe County. Assistance is available immediately to first come, first ready eligible applicants. Rental properties are subject to an affordability period and income qualification of tenants (multi-family buildings must be at least 51% low-income). Program funds will pay for eligible activities, which include sewer connection fees, septic system abandonment and associated construction costs. System development/impact fees are not considered eligible costs. Past expenses for sewer connections are also not eligible for reimbursement. All applicants, including tenants of assisted housing units assisted through this program, must be qualified as income eligible.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirement for this program:
- APPLICANTS FOR SINGLE-FAMILY ASSISTANCE MUST BE PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF MONROE COUNTY
- THE HOME IS LOCATED WITHIN ANY CITY IN MONROE COUNTY OR IN ANY UNINCORPORATED AREA OF THE COUNTY
- YOUR TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME IS AT OR BELOW THE INCOME LIMIT LISTED BELOW:
- Application Instructions Opens a New Window.
- Homeowner Application (Sewer Connection) Opens a New Window.
- Conflict of Interest Form Opens a New Window.
- 2018 Income Limits Opens a New Window.
If you would like to be considered for assistance, please call 305-292-4408 - FAX: 305-292-4479, or via email Opens a New Window. , and request that an application package be mailed or emailed to you. Application packets are available in all Monroe County Social Services offices. Please mail or deliver your completed application to:
Monroe County Social Services
Attn: SHIP Sewer Connection Assistance
1100 Simonton St. #1-190
Key West, FL 33040
Applications are funded according to first come, first ready. Funding is limited. All applications are subject to review.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
ADA ACCESSIBLE FACILITIES