Researching Tips for Tier, FLUM and Zoning Information
On the Monroe County website home page: Put the cursor over the word “GOVERNMENT” so the drop-down menu box appears.
Move the cursor and click on Planning & Environmental Resources. Move the cursor to the GIS box, another drop-down box will appear – click on GIS Web Map Application. Bookmark page for future use.
When a map appears, click inside the search box on the top left corner of the screen. Enter RE Number format: 00000000-000000 or AK Number format: 0000000) and click the “search" button or hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
*To find the RE Number or AK Number: Search the Monroe County Property Appraiser website with a property address or a name.
An aerial view of the property will appear along with an Info Window containing basic information about the property. On the right side of the page, in the box labeled GIS Layers under “Operational Layers” is a box labeled “Planning_Env.” Click on the small gray arrow to the left of the box, see the example below, to enable the Map Layers.
Below the ‘Planning_Env’ box is the list of available Map Layers. All map layers are ‘Scale-Dependent’ – they are disabled (grayed-out) beyond a certain map scale. ‘Zooming-in’ (use + or – signs at the top left corner of the screen) on the map frame will enable/activate the layers. Each layer can be individually toggled (checking the layer’s box) to display in the map frame.
Clicking on the small gray arrow will expand that layer’s legend (color-coded symbols).
- MILE MARKERS: Displays U.S. 1 Mile Markers as lime green squares (may have to zoom-out in order for the marker to appear).
- MONROE COUNTY PARCELS: Adds a black outline of parcel boundaries to the map frame.
- TIER OVERLAY DISTRICT: Displays the Tier designation. Click the small gray arrow to view the color-coded Tier legend.
Planning and Environmental Resources
Untitled 1Marathon Office
Marathon Government Center
2798 Overseas Highway, Suite 400
Marathon, FL 33050
Key Largo Office
Nelson Government Center
102050 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, FL 33037
Ocean Reef Office
11601 County Road 905 K
Key Largo, FL 33037
Fax: (305) 367-4997
Property AppraiserPhysical Address
500 Whitehead Street
Rear of Building
Key West, FL 33040
Phone: : 305-292-3420Fax: : 305-292-3501
Website: Property Appraiser
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- MONROE COUNTY LUD (Zoning): Displays Land Use (Zoning) District. Click the small gray arrow to expand the color-coded legend for the layer.
- MONROE COUNTY FUTURE LAND USE (FLUM): Displays Future Land Use Map designations.
- FEMA FLOOD ZONES: Displays Flood Hazard Zone boundaries and Flood Hazard Zone labels.
- LAND COVER HABITAT (2009): Displays Land Cover Habitat map layer (Vegetative and Development categories).
- BASEMAP GALLERY TOOL: Toggles a variety of basemaps – ‘Imagery’ is the default
Comprehensive Plan Review
Review the Monroe County Comprehensive Plan, which includes land uses, density/intensity for future land use designation, level of service standards, habitat policies, etc.
Land Development Code or Code of Ordinances Review
Review the Land Development Code, which includes density, setbacks, open space, clearing limits, parking requirements, etc. or the Code of Ordinances, which includes building code, public assembly permits, etc.
- Comprehensive Plan
- Monroe County Land Development Code
- Permitted Uses and Density/Intensity Standards by Zoning District
- Setback Requirements by Zoning District
- Shoreline Setback Requirements
- Vacation Rental Requirements
- Monroe County Planning & Environmental Resources Department Forms and Applications
- ROGO/NROGO schedule and results