Climate Change Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Climate Change Advisory Committee is to make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners regarding appropriate mitigation and adaptation policies needed to address climate change issues and to provide input to staff regarding implementation of those components of the Florida Energy and Climate Commission Grant Agreement No. ARS010 requiring community input and intergovernmental coordination, climate action plans and other climate related draft reports as needed. This is a continuation of the BOCC efforts that began with the Green Initiative Task Force which sunset October 1, 2010.
This committee was established on January 19, 2011 with adoption of Resolution No. 002-2011. There will be eleven voting members with two members appointed by each commissioner, with at least one from his or her district, and one member appointed by the County Administrator. Other governmental entities such as the utilities, municipalities, constitutional offices, school board or other state and federal agencies may participate as non-voting advisors. Each member shall serve a term of one year with the possibility to renew for one additional year.
On November 14, 2017 the BOCC unanimously voted to extend the sunset date to October 1, 2019.
Click HERE to take the Florida Climate Pledge! Help us protect Florida! Whether you live here or not, we are all in this together!
ADA ASSISTANCE: If you are a person with a disability who needs special accommodations in order to participate in these proceedings, please contact the County Administrator’s Office, by phoning 305-292-4441, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., no later than five (5) calendar days prior to the scheduled meeting; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call "711". Accommodation Request Form Opens a New Window.
|Natalia Duke||District 1||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Jerry Lieberman||District 1||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Kathy Komis||District 2||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Vacant||District 2||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Caroline Horn||District 3||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Val Marmillion||District 3||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Robert Glazer||District 4||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Lisa Kaul||District 4||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Jerry Lorenz||District 5||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Vicki Boguszewski||District 5||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Ed Russo||County Administrator||Expires: 10/01/19|
|Heather Carruthers||Monroe County BOCC||Expires: 10/01/19|
- Green Initiative Task Force Sustainable Vision Statement
- Resolution No. 235-2007 - Approval of U.S Mayors Climate Agreement
- Resolution No. 067-2010 - Adopting Greenhouse Gas Reduction Target
- Resolution No. 147-2010 - Adopting Green Building Standards for New County Buildings
- Resolution No. 102-2012 - Adopting the Energy Efficiency Conservation Strategy
- Resolution No. 338-2013 - CCAC Terms Extension
- Monroe County Energy Efficiency Conservation Strategy
- Monroe County Sea Level Inundation Maps
- Monroe Community Greenhouse Gas Inventory CY2010
- Monroe County Climate Action Plan
- Resolution No. 208-2015 - CCAC Terms Extension