The group insurance office handles all issues regarding an employee’s health insurance coverage, which includes:
- Medical insurance
- Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dependent coverage
- Life insurance
The Monroe County Group Health Plan, our medical insurance, and our pharmaceutical coverage are self-insured and utilize a third-party administrator to process claims.
The dental and vision insurance offered for election to Monroe County employees is fully funded.
- 2020 Benefit Booklet
- 2020 Benefit Overview
- 2020 Annual Notices and Disclosures
- 2020 Open Enrollment - How-To Enroll Opens a New Window.
The goal of Employee Benefits is the overall health and well-being of the county’s employees.
Employee Communications and Support
- Every employee/retiree will receive a notification via US mail with the details of enrollment.
- An email blast from Employee Benefits will also include additional and detailed instructions.
- Technical service and support via phone 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Friday (includes bi-lingual)
- Four days of in-person benefit and enrollment support (includes bi-lingual support) – ENROLLMENT CAN BE COMPLETED AT THIS TIME!
To provide excellent customer service, fiscal responsibility, and vital information while maintaining the focus of the overall health and well-being of our participants and adhering to the regulations put forth by the County, State, and Federal Government.