Forms & Applications
STARTING APRIL 27, 2020 (MONDAY), the Planning & Environmental Resources Department will begin accepting NEW applications for most application types.
EMAIL PLUS DROP-OFF/ MAIL PROCEDURE:
STEP 1: All application materials (application forms, plans, other required documents) MUST be submitted by EMAIL to Aguila-Ilze@monroecounty-fl.gov;
STEP 2: IN ADDITION, checks and hard copies of all required material MUST ALSO be submitted by one of two options:
A) Sent by MAIL to the Department at the address indicated on the application form; or
B) Dropped off in Key Largo or Marathon via permit DROP-OFF system from 12pm-3pm, Monday to Friday.
DROP-OFF means, you need to include your application, plans and checks in a sealed box, labeled with PLANNING on the box, and drop the box off, Monday through Friday, from 12pm-3pm. We will have a staff person inside the office at the front door who will bring the box inside. We will not process the application when you drop it off. Instead, it will be processed after a 24-48 hour "waiting period". These times may fluctuate.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY BOXES WITH APPLICATIONS OR PAPERWORK UNLESS YOU SEE A STAFF PERSON.
The following application types will NOT be accepted at this time:
- Vacation Rental Exemption (Pursuant to Sec. 134-1(B))
- Vacation Rental Permit (Initial)
- Public Assembly Permit
- Alcoholic Beverage Special Use Permit
- Dog in Restaurant Permit
ROGO / NROGO AND ADMINISTRATIVE RELIEF
Monroe County adopted a 180-day temporary suspension of the expiration of ROGO and NROGO allocation awards. For those allocation awards for which award letters were issued prior to March 15, 2020, and not already expired, building permits must be issued within 180 days of March 15, 2020 (on or before September 11, 2020), notwithstanding the deadline specific in the award letter.
Monroe County is deferring the issuance of allocation award letters. *Upon issuance of the award letters, applicants will be given 180 days to pick up building permits. Applicants who wish to have their allocation award letters issued at this time, regardless of the deferral, may request their letter by emailing Tiffany Stankiewicz: Stankiewicz-Tiffany@monroecounty-fl.gov.
For applicants notified prior to March 15, 2020, of the eligibility to submit administrative relief applications, the deadline is tolled for 180 days from March 15, 2020; applications must be received on or before September 11, 2020, notwithstanding the deadline specified in the notification letter.
The following are the Planning and Environmental Resources Department’s forms and applications. For a list of the department’s fees and services, view the fee schedule.
Agent Authorization Form
Administrative & Planning Commission Variances
- Administrative Waiver Application Opens a New Window.
- Administrative Variance Application
- Admin Special Access Variance Opens a New Window.
- Planning Commission Variance Application Opens a New Window.
- Sign Variance Application by the Planning Commission Opens a New Window.
Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code Amendment Application
- Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment Application Opens a New Window.
- LDC Text Amendment Application Opens a New Window.
- Time Extension Application to a Minor Conditional Use Permit
- Time Extension Application to a Major Conditional Use Permit
- Major Conditional Use Application Opens a New Window.
- Major Deviation to Conditional Use Permit Opens a New Window.
- Minor Conditional Use Application Opens a New Window.
- Minor Deviation to Conditional Use Permit Application Opens a New Window.
- Major Conditional Use Permit Amendment Application
- Minor Conditional Use Permit Amendment ApplicationMinor Conditional Use Permit Amendment Application
- Transfer of Conditional Use Permit (new owner)
- Environmental Resources Application Opens a New Window.
- Dock Length Special Exception Application Opens a New Window.
- Sample Conservation Easement Opens a New Window.
- Sample Corrective-Superseding Conservation Easement Opens a New Window.
Map Amendment Application
- Future Land Use Map Application Opens a New Window.
- Land Use District Map Application Opens a New Window.
- Map Boundary Determination
- Tier Amendment Application Opens a New Window.
- Map Designation Verification Opens a New Window.
- Administrative Relief Application Opens a New Window.
- Administrative Relief Agent Authorization Form
- ROGO Agent Authorization Form Opens a New Window.
- ROGO Application Opens a New Window.
- ROGO/NROGO Appeal Application
- ROGO Exemption Request Opens a New Window.
- NROGO Agent Authorization Form
- NROGO Application
- Appeal Application
- Sample Forms and results for ROGO/NROGO
Transfer of TDR/TRE/NROGO Exemptions
- TRE Transfer Application
- NROGO Floor Area-Transfer Application
- TDR Transfer of Development Rights Application
Vacation Rental Applications
- Initial Special Vacation Rental Application
- Renewal of Special Vacation Rental Application
- Special Vacation Rental Manager License Application
- Exemption from Vacation Rental Permit Application
- Change of Vacation Rental Manager
Mobile Homes/Manufactured Units
- Mobile Home and Manufacture Unit Replacement Information
- Building Permit Requirements for Mobile Homes and Manufacture Units
- Checklist form to determine mobile home and manufacture unit replacement
Various Other Forms
- Alcoholic Beverage Permit Application
- Appeal to Hearing Officer (DOAH) Application
- Appeal to Planning Commission Application
- Beneficial Use Application
- Development Agreement Application
- Historic Regular Certificate of Appropriateness
- Historic Special Certificate of Appropriateness
- Home Occupational Application
- Letter of Development Rights Determination
- Lot Line Adjustment Application
- LOU-Pre- Application Conference Request Form (Vacant Property)
- LOU-Pre-Application Conference Request Form (Developed Land)
- LOU-Pre-Application Conference Request Form (Nonconforming Use)
- Ownership Disclosure of Interest Form
- Public Assembly Permit Application
- Right of Way Abandonment Application
- Protest Form
- Permit to Allow Patron’s Dog in Public Food Service Establishments
- Temporary Construction Staging Special Permit Application
- Temporary Emergency Housing for Relief Workers