Online Permitting Services
The new online system is expected to go live on October 3, 2022.
The new online service, Community Development (Oracle Public Sector), will facilitate processing permit applications from submission to closure, using an online web-based application. This process will replace the current paper-dependent process. New Permit Applications on/after this date will only be accepted using this online service. No paper applications or document submissions will be accepted on applications submitted on/after October 3, 2022. Permit Applications/Issued Permits processed prior to the go live date will remain in paper format and continue processing in the Building Department legacy system, CommunityPLUS and inspection IVR system.
ACTIONS TO TAKE NOW:
- Submit Agent Authorization Form NOW to Contractor Licensing via email: Contractoremail@example.com. Contractors that employ Agents to submit permit applications on their behalf MUST submit the Agent Authorization Form, regardless of whether you have previously supplied this document to the Contractor Licensing staff.
- Architects, Engineers, and Private Providers MUST obtain Digital Signature from a digital certificate provider for submitted drawings. Digital certificates are used to digitally sign and seal documents submitted; must adhere to the Florida Administrative Code and Florida Statutes; and must also be of a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) assurance level of three or higher. Certificate authorities we will accept include Identrust, Global Sign, and Digitrust. Additional certificate authorities may be recognized in the future. NOTE: All licensed professionals will be responsible for verifying that the digital signatures purchased adhere to the requirements of the State of Florida and are utilized in accordance with the guidelines of their respective licensing boards.
REGISTER TO CREATE USER ACCOUNT - ONLINE PERMITTING SERVICES LINK
Please click to go to the main webpage for online permitting service where you can register and once live, apply for permit applications. Any person that will submit a permit application MUST complete the User Registration process. Additionally, any person that will be affiliated with a permit such as Architects, Engineers, Administrative Staff for a Contractor/Qualifier, Private Provider or even a homeowner for which a permit application is submitted, should also register to take full advantage of application access and other permit searching features.
An email account firstname.lastname@example.org has been activated to receive questions and/or issues regarding permit submissions. This email account is managed by several staff with the goal of replying the same business day. This email account will provide additional reference in maintaining a published FAQ reference guide maintained on this website page.
General Reference Material for Online Permitting Submissions
Reference materials to assist the public with application submission and processing.
- New Permit Types available for permit application submittal
- Public Registered User Sign In Reference Guide
- Authorized Agent Permit Applications Specifics Reference Guide
- Credit Card Payment
- Fee Estimator (available once online permitting system is live)
- Document Submittal Reference Guide
- Inspection List
- Inspection Scheduling Process
- Private Provider Inspection Reference Guide
- Frequently Asked Question Reference
Training Reference Material
Video training materials provided below.
On February 28, 2022, County staff held an overview session of the new Community Development online services. The public asked questions and answers were provided about how the new permitting system will work, and learned about its benefits, which are expected to include improved permit review timeframes and the ability to submit documents at any time of day or night from the convenience of your home or office. To view the recording: MCTV Recording
|How to register for online account:||How to apply for a permit:|
|How to use Explore Your City:||How to attach a document to your permit:|
|How to print an issued permit:||How to schedule an inspection:|
|How to review examiners comments:||Authorized agent, two important steps:|