Budget & Finance
The vision of the Budget and Finance Department is to be a fiscally responsible, customer-focused team that is striving for excellence at all times.
We are dedicated to sustainability by managing programs, services, and their related resources as efficiently and effectively as possible and communicating the results of these efforts to the public.
The mission of the Budget and Finance Department is to provide effective development and implementation of Monroe County’s budget; promote efficient, sound financial management; ensure governmental procurement regulations are followed countywide; facilitate financially responsible grant funding; and maintain the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and prudent expenditure of public funds.
Fiscal Year 2019 Budget Process
The Fiscal Year 2019 Adopted Budget Summary
Monroe County adopted the current fiscal year 2019 budget, which runs October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019, at the Final Budget Hearing on September 10, 2018. Below is a summary:
The Fiscal Year 2019 Proposed Budget
Monroe County's transmittal of the budget was distributed to the County Commissioners at the July 18th BOCC meeting. The proposed budget is for FY2019 which runs October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019:
- FY2019 Proposed Operating & Capital Budget
- FY2019 Capital Budget Summary
- FY2019 Proposed Elected Officials Budget
- FY2019 Proposed HSAB Budget Presentation
- FY2019 Departmental Business Plan
The Fiscal Year 2019 Budget Calendar:
- June 1: Deadline for Budget Submission for Constitutional Officers
- July 1: Property Appraiser Certifies Property Values
- On or before July 10: Tentative Budget Delivered to BOCC
- July 31: Special Budget Meeting. The BOCC certifies the proposed millage rate to the property appraiser, which is the rate that goes out on the tax bill (TRIM).
- Sept. 4: First Public Budget Hearing. Adoption of the Tentative Millage Rate and Tentative Budget at the Murray Nelson Government Center in Key Largo.
- Sept. 6: Special Budget Meeting. BOCC holds discussion at Marathon Government Center.
- Sept. 10: Final Public Hearing. Adoption of the Final Millage Rate and Final Budget at the Harvey Government Center in Key West.
Fiscal Year 2018 Budget
Monroe County adopted a budget for fiscal year 2018 on Sept. 27, 2017.
Opens a New Window.
Opens a New Window.
The Monroe County BOCC approved transmittal of the 2013-2018 Strategic Plan Residential & Business Community Input Survey Report on July 19, 2017.