Beaches & Parks
Most parks and beaches are open throughout the Florida Keys.
The County will also limit park access in Key Largo to follow the Village of Islamorada’s closures. Rowell’s Park and Bay Drive will be closed to the public, and Sunset Point and Harry Harris Park will only be accessible by residents from Friday, July 24 to Sunday, Aug. 9.
- Other Monroe County-owned parks and beaches are open.
- Restrooms at Higgs Beach are closed. Volleyball is not allowed.
- County-owned playgrounds are being sanitized daily.
City of Key West
Parks and beaches in the City of Key West are open.
City of Marathon
City Park, Ocean Front Park, and both Sombrero and Coco Plum Beaches are open.
Due to safety concerns and an inability to mitigate them at this time, the following restrictions apply:
- Playgrounds, basketball courts, skate park will remain closed.
- Fields will be open for exercise, but no organized games will be authorized.
- Pavilions and barbeque grills at the beach will be inaccessible until further notice.
- Dog Parks, tennis courts, and the baseball field will be open for individuals practicing safe social distancing.
- Groups of more than 10 are not allowed.
- Hours of operations will be from dawn to dusk.
- Minors must always be accompanied by an adult.
Village of Islamorada
Islamorada parks, beaches, and boat ramps are open at 50 percent capacity through July 23. From July 24 to August 19, all public parks, public beaches, and public boat ramps will be closed to the public.
The closure includes Anne’s Beach, Library Beach Park, and the entire area known as the Fills from MM 77.5 to 79.8. All parking areas will be closed to the public. No vehicles, picnicking, tents, chairs, or other items will be allowed in any park or the Fills area. The public boat ramps at East Ridge Road, Blackwood Drive, and the Indian Key Boat Ramp will be closed.
Founders Park will be open to Islamorada residents and homeowners only. Proof of residency or homeownership is required with a Driver’s License (or another legal form of ID) with an Islamorada address or a Founders Park Resident ID card. Those using a Founders Park Resident ID card must also show ID with the same name. All Founders Park amenities will be open at the 50% capacity level previously established.
Key Colony Beach
Parks are open on Key Colony Beach
Visitors should expect limited hours, capacity, and amenities.